- This step is Only sold with a HydroSphere Pool Kit
- Fiberglass Step with Support Legs
If the pool was ordered with a step, it will come with two filler
panels which are needed to attach the step to the rest of the pool and
will need to be installed. (See example image below)
- Because the step is 48” tall and the pool walls are 52” tall,
you will need to raise the step to the height of the wall panels and
install the provided filler sheet to fill the void under the step. (see
example image below)
- 3/8” holes will need to be drilled into the step to bolt it to
the wall panels on either side. The easiest way to do this is to use
vise grips or clamps to hold the step in position with the wall panels.
- The front side of the step (closest to the inside of the pool)
will need to be in line with the wall panels on either side both front
to back and up and down. Once the step is properly aligned with the wall
panels you can begin drilling the holes into the step.
- Use the existing holes along the back edge of the steel wall panel side flanges as a template for drilling.
- Do not drill through the holes closest to the face of the panels.
- You can drill one side of the step at a time.
- Once holes have been drilled, using nuts and bolts (#1 &
#2), secure the step to the wall panel. When one side is secure you can
then move to the other side and repeat the procedure. Please see step
diagrams for the appropriate filler panel and step details for each size
and shape pool.
- A brace will need to be installed on both sides of the step where the wall panels meet the step.
- Check the square of the pool; check the diagonals of the pool walls. These measurements will be provided on the pool drawing.
- Check the width at various points along the long walls.
- Check overall length of the pool.