|Click on Swimming Pool Safety Cover Material Type Below:
|Loop-Loc Mesh Safety Pool Covers
|Loop-Loc Solid Safety Pool Covers
- A typical solid vinyl pool cover is little more than a tarp to put over your pool. It does not prevent children or pets from gaining access to the pool. All safety covers must conform to the Standard Performance Specification set by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). According to the ASTM, a safety cover must be able to support a certain amount of weight, not permit gaps that a child or pet could squeeze through, and remove standing water. LOOP-LOC safety pool covers far exceed minimum ASTM standards. Built from extremely strong material and secured tightly to the deck by heavy-duty springs and brass anchors, a LOOP-LOC safety cover puts a "lock" on a pool that will prevent children and pets from gaining access to the water.
- Since LOOP-LOC's inceptionin 1978, we have proudly manufactured all of our products in the U.S.A. Our 200,000-square-foot manufacturing facility is located in Hauppauge, New York. Our expertly trained personnel, from office to manufacturing, are dedicated to providing you with the safest cover on the market today and outstanding customer support.
- Underwriters Laboratories (known as U.L.) is an outside testing company. Many cover companies will claim that they meet the ASTM standard F1346-91 for manual safety covers, but have not followed up with the outside testing agencies that perform all of the actual tests listed in the ASTM guideline. At LOOP-LOC, we are so proud of the safe, high-quality cover that we manufacture that we went the extra step to confirm that we not only meet but also exceed the guidelines set forth for safety swimming pool covers, earning LOOP-LOC the U.L. seal of approval.
- First, make sure it says "LOOP-LOC" on your contract when you order. Then, examine your cover when it arrives. All LOOP-LOC covers (including ULTRA-LOC) have the LOOP-LOC name woven right into the straps. If you don't see LOOP-LOC on the cover, it's not a LOOP-LOC!
- A swimming pool is always a magnet for children. At times when you are not around to supervise or your family is away from home, wandering children and pets from the neighborhood may attempt to enter your pool. Even if you have a locked gate (which is a great extra layer of protection), a determined toddler will often be able breach it. Only the security of asafety covercan ensure that no one will be able to gain access to the pool while you are away.
- All LOOP-LOC covers meet the ASTM guidelines for safety covers and have been U.L. certified. As such they will easily support the weight of a child or an adult in an emergency. However, we do not recommend ever walking on the cover, and children, adults and pets should never be allowed to play on top of a LOOP-LOC or any other type of pool cover. Adult supervision is always required around any swimming pool area. To clean or clear debris off of a safety cover we recommend the use of a long handled broom, skimmer, or simply hose down. It is also important to remember that as a cover ages it may encounter U.V. deterioration which over time can affect the safety features. It is recommended that you periodically check your cover for signs of this, or contact your swimming pool professional to make a determination. Adult Supervision is always required around any swimming pool area.
- Collected water on a cover is a hazard in itself. There have unfortunately been cases of children and pets who have wandered out on a cover filled with water and slippery debris, become trapped and drowned. That is why the ASTM Performance Specification states that no pool cover can call itself a safety cover if it does not provide for water removal.
- No! It is very important to maintain proper water level to help support the weight of snow and ice on the cover and prevent excess wear. For LOOP-LOC mesh covers, water level should be 15" to 18" below the top of the pool. For ULTRA-LOC solid covers, water level should be 12" to 16" below the top of the pool. If proper water level is not maintained, the warranty will be void.
- Covers purchased from 2013 - Present See Below 15 year Pro-Rated warranty information. All LOOP-LOC mesh and solid safety pool covers come with a 15-year pro-rated manufacturer's warranty. When completed and signed by the original purchaser, this warrants that the cover is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use, when installed by a qualified swimming pool professional. If any cover is found to have defects in materials or workmanship within the first 25 months of service LOOP-LOC will furnish a replacement cover, or at our option, repairing any part or parts at no charge to the consumer. After the 25 month period has elapsed the customer will pay 1/156 for each month or part thereof since the original factory shipping date, of the current list price of the replacement cover. All repairs and replacements will be F.O.B. Pool Cover Corps plant and customers are responsible for shipping costs on repairs not covered by our warranty. Please note any damage caused by animal damage, misuse, alteration, neglect, abuse, coping wear, drag holes, accidents, intense external thermal reaction, or if the water levels fall below the recommended levels stated in our care & maintenance instruction are not covered under the pro-rated warranty. Click here for complete warranty details.
- Yes. If you have recently purchased a LOOP-LOC or ULTRA-LOC Safety Swimming Pool Cover, you can complete and submit your 15-year pro-rated warranty certificate online now. *Covers purchased from Yrs. 1978 - 2003 were supplied with a 10 year Pro-Rated Warranty, Yrs. 2004 - 2012 came with a 12 year Pro-Rated Warranty. Covers purchased after 2013 were supplied with a 15 year Pro-Rated Warranty.
- From the time your pool dealer submits your order to us, LOOP-LOC will ship your custom cover from our factory in two weeks or less. If you have a stock sized rectangle cover the shipping time is 24-48 hours.
- Absolutely! LOOP-LOC's anchor-in-pipe installation is the perfect application for paver/brick decks. The pipe holds the anchors firmly into place allowing the cover to remain taut all winter long. No wear and tear on the deck and the cover will not pull or ruin pavers/bricks whatsoever. For additional information on anchor-in-pipe, contact your LOOP-LOC dealer or our customer support department.
- For decks and/or coping that are rough, LOOP-LOC recommends the use of additional undercover padding to prevent premature wear on the cover. Undercover padding supplied by LOOP-LOC can be purchased from your swimming pool professional. The use of indoor/outdoor carpeting can also be a good alternative to prevent premature wear in these situations.
- LOOP-LOC Safety pool covers are manufactured to conform to ASTM standards which state that a safety cover must hold "two adults' and one child's weights" in the event of an emergency. LOOP-LOC shows an elephant on our mesh cover to prove that we not only meet but exceed the ASTM standards. We used an elephant due to its large flat feet. Elephants do not have hooves or sharp nails like other animals. Thus the elephant, for demonstration of weight purposes, was able to walk on the cover and walk off without causing damage. Other animals such as horses, deer and dogs can do damage to the material of the cover due to the sharpness of their hooves or paws, which unfortunately is not covered under the15-year pro-rated warranty. It is highly recommended to add a fence around your pool area to protect your horses, or other animals with sharp hooves that may slice through the fabric of a safety swimming pool cover.
- First, thank you for your purchase of LOOP-LOC. We are happy that the cover has serviced you for many years. LOOP-LOC as the manufacturer only sells products through our large network of swimming pool professionals. We recommend that you contact the original dealer you purchased the cover from to place your new order. Find the dealer contact information, or that of another dealer by using our dealer locator.
- Of course! Loop-Loc's expertly trained design team and manufacturing team will be able to match up your existing anchor locations for a perfectly fitting Safety Swimming Pool Cover. Simply contact your swimming pool professional so that we can get started right away. All replacement covers ship in less than two weeks all year long. *In certain cases please note that due to Loop-Loc strictly adhering to ASTM and U.L certified guidelines an anchor or so may have to be re-drilled. We will advise your swimming pool professional ahead of time if this happens.
- IMPORTANT AUTOMATIC PUMP INSTRUCTIONS: FOR SOLID COVERS THAT DO NOT HAVE DRAIN PANELS The automatic cover pump supplied with your solid cover is used to remove water that accumulates on your LOOP-LOC cover. In addition to water accumulating due to rain and/or melting snow, water may seep up through the material seams during the winter months when snow and ice force the cover to come into contact with the pool water. Left unchecked: there is a strong possibility that a substantial amount of pool water may be pumped out of the pool. Once the cover begins to exceed the depressed level of 16" below the deck, excess stress is placed on the cover, hardware, pool, coping and deck. At this point, cover/hardware failure is possible, which will void the cover warranty. Loop-Loc is not responsible for any damage that may occur due to this condition. If this pool-pumping condition exists: it is necessary to correct the pools' water level immediately. By removing accumulated snow from the skimmer box, you will be able to check to see if the water levels have dropped and if additional water needs to be added into the swimming pool. If uncertain, please contact your swimming pool professional immediately. When snow and ice accumulates and remains on the solid cover it is recommended to disconnect the pump if it will be frozen in ice for an extended period of time. It is important to immediately reconnect the pump once the snow & ice begin to melt. When leaving your home unattended for extended periods of time:it is highly recommended to have your swimming pool professional periodically check your water levels, or if that is not possible to have a friend or neighbor check on and fix the above conditions. For additional information on the Little Giant Pump model # APCP-1700 please visit their website at: http://www.littlegiant.com
- Unfortunately Loop Loc Custom Covers cannot be returned or exchanged as they are specifically manufactured for each individual pool. It is important to decide before ordering and manufacturing occur on the type of cover you desire (mesh or solid) along with which color you prefer. Loop-Loc mesh and solid covers come in our most ordered color: Green to blend beautifully in any backyard environment. Mesh covers are also available in Designer Gray, Blue, Tan and Black. Ultra-Loc designer colors are Tan and Blue. Make sure to read through your invoice together with your swimming pool professional to review the type of cover and the color before your order is submitted.
- Yes, during the winter months it is extremely important to make sure your water levels are proper. The guidelines are as follows: Mesh covers: 15" – 18" below the top of the swimming pool Solid covers: 12" – 16" below the top of the of the swimming pool This is important for supporting the weight of the snow on the cover. Allowing the water levels to drop below the recommendations will put excess stress on the cover, may cause damage, and will void your warranty. We recommend that you clear some snow from your skimmer box and check the water levels and add water when levels are low, or contact your swimming pool professional to come and evaluate for you. If you have a solid cover with an automatic cover pump, please go to the care & maintenance section of the FAQ's for more information... "What is the proper way to use the automatic cover pump that came with my cover?"